Friday 24 October 2014

Fairthorpe EM racer reappears in Japan.


I found this Video on Youtube and was very pleased as it is a Fairthorpe I owned and rebuilt in the mid 80`s, even winning a race with it at an 8 Clubs meeting at Silverstone. Obviously the original registration number has been removed as the car is in Japan, but if you compare the indicators on the bootlid and the position of the script badge.

                                       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJfVARUMdZw




Also on the bonnet which is from a later EM ( I moulded that in the garage at home) note the front indicators, not the usual round Fairthorpe type ones but rectangular with an angle at one end. Those are from an early Toyota Carina which I fitted as a change from the norm, I doubt you will ever see another Fairthorpe with those on! Also the turned aluminium dashboard I made and fitted is still on the car, you can see the swirls as the sunlight hits them.




I sold the car to a woman named Charlotte Thornton who later damaged the rear of the car after losing it in the wet on a roundabout, we moulded her a new tail section and a friend of hers fitted it. The car was then sold on to a chap named John Watson (not the F1 driver) who raced it in HSCC events and he sold it to a Historic racing car dealer who found a buyer..................in Japan. That was in the 90`s and that was the last I had heard of the car till yesterday. I am hoping to make contact with the owner as I have many rebuild and racing photos which I can send him copies of, so if you know the owner please make contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment