Monday 14 March 2011

The Italian job!

This weeks featured Fairthorpe belongs to Alberto Sassi who lives near Milan Italy, as you can see from the pictures the car has been restored very nicely and has only recently taken to the roads again. Alberto bought the car in 2007 from a friend who had imported the Fairthorpe from England and he has just had the car resprayed in a lovely shade of yellow, the original colour being blue.


This EM was first registered in 1959 and retains a 948cc engine, Alberto is looking forward to using the car for trips into the hills this coming summer.



2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I am familiar with this thing!
    I plea guilty for importing the car to Italy, I used it a few time, mechanically she was ok and I was planning to have her resprayed properly... Then Alberto bought her and a very good job he did! If you ever wish it for your file I have a few pics
    Valerio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerio, i would love to see some more pictures of the car from when you had it. If you send them to me i will add them to the article on the car.All the best........Martin

    ReplyDelete